Increase relevant web traffic and SEO through Facebook posts, contests and Twitter posts. Redefine Anaheim/Orange County as THE sunny central Southern California destination of choice.
Anaheim/Orange County California, known primarily for its beaches and Disneyland, possesses several unique offerings, quaint towns and hidden gems of which business and leisure travelers are unaware.
The production of the Walking on Sunshine video featured 25 Orange County sites and provided an opportunity to ‘refresh’ destination marketing for Anaheim/Orange County. The sunshine theme created, as well as the usage of the song, “Walking on Sunshine” created a new engaging and welcoming image and provided a platform to reintroduce and embrace the Southern California culture.
Domestic and international consumers, prospective travelers, business travelers, meeting planners, travel professionals, travel agents, trade and consumer media, AOCVCB membership and local community.
- Increase Brand Awareness – Update and create new web and social media content to enhance the public’s perception of the brand/destination.
- Reputation Management – To positively influence the way potential and existing customers/audiences perceive Anaheim and OC.
- Increase Relevant Visitor Traffic – Through e-newsletters, Facebook posts, contests, Twitter posts on engaging and relevant visitor insights, updates and deals.
More than 60% of visitors come to Anaheim to experience Disneyland. Retell the Anaheim/Orange County story and update the destination’s appeal to a wider audience using images and phrases that depict the SoCal lifestyle where possibilities are endless.
- Launch Walking on Sunshine video on YouTube and through other social media channels and incorporate into sales and promotions.
- Extensive press release and media outreach.
- Dedicated advertising with MLB, All-Star program, Orange County Business Journal, City of Anaheim magazine, House ads in Anaheim/Orange County Visitor Guide, Google and Facebook.
- Walking on Sunshine video posted on
- California Travel and Tourism Commission website
- Anaheim VCB website
- Local visitor bureaus’ websites
- Angels Stadium’s jumbotron during Freeway Series vs. L.A. Dodgers viewed by 45,000 fans
- Daily continuous loop at John Wayne Airport’s concierge desk
- Partner websites, hotel channels and convention micro sites
- Walking on Sunshine video was included in all electronic press kits and at annual destination outlook meeting.
- Promoted destination video to 40 media contacts in Australia and New Zealand (media visits and functions), UK/Germany promotions (CTTC) and Canadian and Mexican press tours.
- USB giveaway with Walking on Sunshine video given to all tourism, media and convention clients.
- Garnered 25,000+ views the first year
- Press about the video appeared in nation’s publications
- Articles about Walking on Sunshine appeared on several websites
- Walking on Sunshine destination video featured in more than 20 blogs
- Showed more than 50% spike in visitor traffic on the website on the day of and after the video launch
Location : Anaheim/Orange County